Season 3 Astapori Valyrian Dialogue
What was actually said in the series diverges at times from what Peterson initially wrote for the dialogue, due to practical limitations of production process. What is presented here is at places closer to Peterson's writing than to the end result. You might take it as an idealised version. If the line is in grey, it means we don't have an official transcription and what is written here is the best guess.
Episode 1: Valar Dohaeris
Kraznys exhibits the Unsullied to Daenerys, while Missandei translates:
- Kraznys: Ivetra ji live Vesterozia sko bezi Dovoghedhi kizir jortis me tovi si me banti, do havor dore jedhar dos. "Tell the Westerosi whore that these Unsullied have stood here for a day and a night with no food or water."
- Kraznys: Ivetra ji rene eji oghrar gelinko sko majorozlivis eva vrogilis. "Tell the silver-haired slut that they will stand until they drop."
Peterson's first draft of this sentence ended with ruhilis, and that appears to be what actually aired.
- Kraznys: Vagizi poja pihtenkave sa. "Such is their obedience."
Dany asks for more information.
- Missandei: J’abra Vesterozia las kreni, y ivetras dori rije vaghoma gidhmilas qova j’odre. "The Westerosi woman is pleased with them, but speaks no praise to keep the price down."
- Missandei: Ebas gimigho skokydho mazmedhis bodmari. "She wishes to know how they are trained."
- Kraznys: Uni begistos Vesterozii lis kuni dovodedhi, kiz? "Are all Westerosi pigs so ignorant?"
- Kraznys: Ivetra zer skure ebilas si adhirikydho. "Tell her what she would know and be quick about it.
- Kraznys: ji tovi las bani "The day is hot."
- Kraznys: Zer govlimis ji Dovoghedhi ji dogmorve; ji pihtenkave tida; ji pazavorve tida. Do zughis doru. "The Unsullied have discipline, absolute obedience, absolute loyalty. They fear nothing."
The line as aired was much shorter, and was glossed differently.
- Missandei: J’azanty ivetras ji vali nedhinki sizi zughilis vi murgho. "The knight says even brave men fear death."
This should have been po vali nedhinki.
- Krazynys: Ivetra ji veby tuzis ez orgoz. "Tell the old man he smells of piss."
- Missandei: Zvagizi aeske? Truly, Master?
- Kraznys: Do zvagizi! Ska tala ja hubre pindagho kuno masino? "No, not truly. Are you a girl or a goat to ask such a thing?"
- Kraznys: Ivetrá sko ji Dovoghédhi do si ... (?) "The Unsullied are not men. Death means nothing to them."
- Kraznys: ? "Tell this ignorant whore of a Westerner to open her eyes and watch."
- Kraznys: ? (something to the effect of "Come forward, Soldier."
- Kraznys: ? "She's worried about their nipples? Does the dumb bitch know we've cut off their balls? Here, I'm done with you."
- Unsullied: Bezy las kreni av (tadagho?) "This one is pleased to have served you."
- Kraznys: Maneragho zya sumby, sydlivas me Dovoghedhy jagho va po buzdari umazigho me ruo limari, si zer senagho po leos eji mysa nejo. "To win his shield, an Unsullied must go to the slave marts with a silver mark, find a newborn and kill it before it's mother's eyes."
- Kraznys: Vagizi, loduli sko do nagostovave umbilas ez pon. "This way we make certain their is no weakness left in them."
- Missandei: Las angoda. Pindas lu ghozila(?) me gelebo va ji mysa zya ruo murghi zy. "She is offended. She asks if you pay a silve coin to the mother, for her dead baby."
- Kraznys: Kuna mitty raba vaovaori bezy! Ivetra zer ji gelebo sa ji marizzo eji ruo zy, do ji mysa. "What a soft mewling fool this one is. Tell her the silver is for the baby's owner, not the mother."
- Missandei: Pindas skoverdi Dovoghedhi lis lerraski. "She asks how many Unsullied are for sale."
- Kraznys: Ivetra ji live Vesterozia kisa eva vaneqo. "Tell the Westerosi whore she has until tomorrow."
Episode 3: Walk of Punishment
- Missandei: Ebas pon sindigho uni. "She wants to buy them all."
- Kraznys: Do kotas pon eragho. "She can't afford them."
- Kranys: i live odobas sko kotilas ? po ? rughilas(?) tebagho (tolvi sko) ebilas. "The slut thinks she can flash her tits and make us give her whatever she wants."
Missandei asks if Dany really wants all eight thousand unsullied, then translates her answer.
- Missandei: Ivetras tuli sko pon ebilas uni. Ivetras ebilas sizi po Ginilaros uni. "She says again she wants all of them. She says she also wants all of the Unsullied in training."
A Good Master, Greizhen mo Ullhor, raises an obections:
- Greizhen: ? ? ? ... narejozlivis ji Astapor. "If they fail on the battlefield, they will shame Astapor."
- Kraznys: Do kotas reni .... "The slut cannot pay for all of this."
- Kraznys: Zyo loghor ji sindazlivas ... dombo. "Her ship will buy 100 Unsullied, no more."
- Kraznys: Si kizy vasko v’uvar ez zya gundja yn hilas. "And this because I like the curve of her ass."
- Kraznys: J'ombo(?) ji sindazlivas amba(?) "What is left will buy her 10.
- Kraznys: Ji tebozliva nalanta .... "I will give her 20 if she stops her ignorant whimpering."
- Kraznys: Zy Dothraki tuzis ez qrugh, kotis jagho syri va rughebor(?). Tebazlivan hari(?) va boni(?).
- Kraznys: ? ? ? "So, ask this beggar queen, how will she pay for the remaining 7,877??"
Dany offers a dragon.
- Missandei: Ivetras sko o tebozlívas me zaldrize! "She says she will give you a dragon!"
- Kraznys: Ivetrá zer ebi ji rovaja. "Tell her we want the biggest."
Dany asks for Missandei as a lagniappe.
- Missandei: Pindas sko i yn tebila, va me rudhy. Pindas sko gomila kizi sir. "She asks that you give me to her, as a present. She asks that you do this now."
Episode 4: And Now His Watch Is Ended
As Dany and Missandei approach to make the trade, Kraznys gives some unsolicited advice.
- Kraznys: "They are untested. The slut must blood them early."
- Kraznys: "There are many small cities between here and there: cities ripe for the sacking."
- Kraznys: "Should you take captives, we will buy the healthy ones for a good price."
- Kraznys: ... amba jedhori angez boni ... ' "And, who knows? In ten years, some of those you've sent will be the Unsullied in their turn, so all shall prosper."
They make the exchange. Dany asks if it is done.
- Missandei: Pindas lu sa sir tida "She asks if it is now done."
- Kraznys: Sa tida. Pelos ji lony. J'aspo eza zya azantyr. "It is done. She holds the whip. THe bitch has her army."
While Dany begins speaking Valyrian, Kraznys is distracted by the unruly dragon.
- Kraznys: Ivetrá j'aspo, zya dyni do majis. "Tell the bitch her beast won't come."
But a dragon is not a slave, and Dany has been listening all along. Kraznys is incredulous.
- Kraznys: Ydra ji Valyre?"
Kraznys desperately addresses the Unsullied.
- Kraznys: Nyk skan jiva aeske! Zer sená! Zer sená! "I am your master! Kill her! Kill her!"
Episode 5: Kissed by Fire
Dany meets Grey Worm.
- Grey Worm: Bezy eza ji rigle. "This one has the honor."
Dany asks his name.
- Grey Worm: Torgo Nudho. "Grey Worm."
Grey Worm defends keeping his slave name.
- “Torgo Nudho” hokas bezy. Sa me broji beri. "‘Grey Worm’ gives this one pride. It is a lucky name."
- Ji broji ez bezo sene stas qimbroto. "The name this one was born with was cursed."
- Kuny iles ji broji meles esko mazedhas derari va buzdar. "That was the name he had when he was taken as a slave."
- Y Torgo Nudho sa ji broji ez bezy eji tovi Daenerys Jelmazmo ji teptas ji derve. "But Grey Worm is the name this one had the day Daenerys Stormborn set him free.”
Episode 10: Mhysa
Missandei introduces Dany to the newly freed people of Yunkai.
- Bizy sa Daenerys Targarien, Jelmazmo, Dorzalty, Dāria Sikudo Dārȳti Vestero, Muña Zaldrizoti. Sa va zer sko enkat jiva derve. "This is Daenerys Targaryen, the Stormborn, the Unburnt, the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, the Mother of Dragons. It is to her you owe your freedom."