Astapori Valyrian Dialogue
What was actually said in the series diverges at times from what Peterson initially wrote for the dialogue, due to practical limitations of production process. What is presented here is at places closer to Peterson's writing than to the end result. You might take it as an idealised version. If the line is in grey, it means we don't have an official transcription and what is written here is the best guess.
Episode 1: "Valar Dohaeris"
Kraznys exhibits the Unsullied to Daenerys, while Missandei translates:
- Kraznys: Ivetra ji live Vesterozia sko bezi Dovoghedhi kizir jortis me tovi si me banti, do havor dore jedhar dos. "Tell the Westerosi whore that these Unsullied have stood here for a day and a night with no food or water."
- Kraznys: Ivetra ji rene eji oghrar gelinko sko majorozlivis eva vrogilis. "Tell the silver-haired slut that they will stand until they drop."
Peterson's first draft of this sentence ended with ruhilis, and that appears to be what actually aired.
- Kraznys: Vagizi poja pihtenkave sa. "Such is their obedience."
Dany asks for more information.
- Missandei: J’abra Vesterozia las kreni, y ivetras dori rije vaghoma gidhmilas qova j’odre. "The Westerosi woman is pleased with them, but speaks no praise to keep the price down."
- Missandei: Ebas gimigho skokydho mazmedhis bodmari. "She wishes to know how they are trained."
- Kraznys: Uni begistos Vesterozii lis kuni dovodedhi, kiz? "Are all Westerosi pigs so ignorant?"
- Kraznys: Ivetra zer skure ebilas si adhirikydho. "Tell her what she would know and be quick about it.
- Kraznys: ji tovi las bani "The day is hot."
- Kraznys: Zer govlimis ji Dovoghedhi ji dogmorve; ji pihtenkave tida; ji pazavorve tida. Do zughis doru. "The Unsullied have discipline, absolute obedience, absolute loyalty. They fear nothing."
The line as aired was much shorter, and was glossed differently.
- Missandei: J’azanty ivetras ji vali nedhinki sizi zughilis vi murgho. "The knight says even brave men fear death."
This should have been po vali nedhinki.
- Krazynys: Ivetra ji veby tuzis ez orgoz. "Tell the old man he smells of piss."
- Missandei: Zvagizi aeske? Truly, Master?
- Kraznys: Do zvagizi! Ska tala ja hubre pindagho kuno masino? "No, not truly. Are you a girl or a goat to ask such a thing?"
- Kraznys: Ivetrá sko ji Dovoghédhi do si ... (?) "The Unsullied are not men. Death means nothing to them."
- Kraznys: ? "Tell this ignorant whore of a Westerner to open her eyes and watch."
- Kraznys: ? (something to the effect of "Come forward, Soldier."
- Kraznys: ? "She's worried about their nipples? Does the dumb bitch know we've cut off their balls? Here, I'm done with you."
- Unsullied: Bezy las kreni av (tadagho?) "This one is pleased to have served you."
- Kraznys: Maneragho zya sumby, sydlivas me Dovoghedhy jagho va po buzdari umazigho me ruo limari, si zer senagho po leos eji mysa nejo. "To win his shield, an Unsullied must go to the slave marts with a silver mark, find a newborn and kill it before it's mother's eyes."
- Kraznys: Vagizi, loduli sko do nagostovave umbilas ez pon. "This way we make certain their is no weakness left in them."
- Missandei: Las angoda. Pindas lu ghozila(?) me gelebo va ji mysa zya ruo murghi zy. "She is offended. She asks if you pay a silve coin to the mother, for her dead baby."
- Kraznys: Kuna mitty raba vaovaori bezy! Ivetra zer ji gelebo sa ji marizzo eji ruo zy, do ji mysa. "What a soft mewling fool this one is. Tell her the silver is for the baby's owner, not the mother."
- Missandei: Pindas skoverdi Dovoghedhi lis lerraski. "She asks how many Unsullied are for sale."
- Kraznys: Ivetra ji live Vesterozia kisa eva vaneqo. "Tell the Westerosi whore she has until tomorrow."
Episode 3: "Walk of Punishment"
- Missandei: Ebas pon sindigho uni. "She wants to buy them all."
- Kraznys: Do kotas pon eragho. "She can't afford them."
- Kranys: i live odobas sko kotilas ? po ? rughilas(?) tebagho (tolvi sko) ebilas. "The slut thinks she can flash her tits and make us give her whatever she wants."
Missandei asks if Dany really wants all eight thousand unsullied, then translates her answer.
- Missandei: Ivetras tuli sko pon ebilas uni. Ivetras ebilas sizi po Ginilaros uni. "She says again she wants all of them. She says she also wants all of the Unsullied in training."
A Good Master, Greizhen mo Ullhor, raises an obections:
- Greizhen: ? ? ? ... narejozlivis ji Astapor. "If they fail on the battlefield, they will shame Astapor."
- Kraznys: Do kotas reni .... "The slut cannot pay for all of this."
- Kraznys: Zyo loghor ji sindazlivas ... dombo. "Her ship will buy 100 Unsullied, no more."
- Kraznys: Si kizy vasko v’uvar ez zya gundja yn hilas. "And this because I like the curve of her ass."
- Kraznys: J'ombo(?) ji sindazlivas amba(?) "What is left will buy her 10.
- Kraznys: Ji tebozliva nalanta .... "I will give her 20 if she stops her ignorant whimpering."
- Kraznys: Zy Dothraki tuzis ez qrugh, kotis jagho syri va rughebor(?). Tebazlivan hari(?) va boni(?).
- Kraznys: ? ? ? "So, ask this beggar queen, how will she pay for the remaining 7,877??"
Dany offers a dragon.
- Missandei: Ivetras sko o tebozlívas me zaldrize! "She says she will give you a dragon!"
- Kraznys: Ivetrá zer ebi ji rovaja. "Tell her we want the biggest."
Dany asks for Missandei as a lagniappe.
- Missandei: Pindas sko i yn tebila, va me rudhy. Pindas sko gomila kizi sir. "She asks that you give me to her, as a present. She asks that you do this now."
Episode 4: "And Now His Watch Is Ended"
As Dany and Missandei approach to make the trade, Kraznys gives some unsolicited advice.
- Kraznys: "They are untested. The slut must blood them early."
- Kraznys: "There are many small cities between here and there: cities ripe for the sacking."
- Kraznys: "Should you take captives, we will buy the healthy ones for a good price."
- Kraznys: ... amba jedhori angez boni ... ' "And, who knows? In ten years, some of those you've sent will be the Unsullied in their turn, so all shall prosper."
They make the exchange. Dany asks if it is done.
- Missandei: Pindas lu sa sir tida "She asks if it is now done."
- Kraznys: Sa tida. Pelos ji lony. J'aspo eza zya azantyr. "It is done. She holds the whip. THe bitch has her army."
While Dany begins speaking Valyrian, Kraznys is distracted by the unruly dragon.
- Kraznys: Ivetrá j'aspo, zya dyni do majis. "Tell the bitch her beast won't come."
But a dragon is not a slave, and Dany has been listening all along. Kraznys is incredulous.
- Kraznys: Ydra ji Valyre?"
Kraznys desperately addresses the Unsullied.
- Kraznys: Nyk skan jiva aeske! Zer sená! Zer sená! "I am your master! Kill her! Kill her!"
Episode 5: "Kissed by Fire"
Dany meets Grey Worm.
- Grey Worm: Bezy eza ji rigle. "This one has the honor."
Dany asks his name.
- Grey Worm: Torgo Nudho. "Grey Worm."
Grey Worm defends keeping his slave name.
- “Torgo Nudho” hokas bezy. Sa me broji beri. "‘Grey Worm’ gives this one pride. It is a lucky name."
- Ji broji ez bezo sene stas qimbroto. "The name this one was born with was cursed."
- Kuny iles ji broji meles esko mazedhas derari va buzdar. "That was the name he had when he was taken as a slave."
- Y Torgo Nudho sa ji broji ez bezy eji tovi Daenerys Jelmazmo ji teptas ji derve. "But Grey Worm is the name this one had the day Daenerys Stormborn set him free.”
Episode 10: "Mhysa"
Missandei introduces Dany to the newly freed people of Yunkai.
- Bizy sa Daenerys Targarien, Jelmazmo, Dorzalty, Dāria Sikudo Dārȳti Vestero, Muña Zaldrizoti. Sa va zer sko enkat jiva derve. "This is Daenerys Targaryen, the Stormborn, the Unburnt, the Queen of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, the Mother of Dragons. It is to her you owe your freedom."
Episode 1: "Two Swords"
- Daario: Av hilas beza tala? “You like this girl?”
- Daario: Sydlivas av ledagho “Must be frustrating.”
- Grey Worm: Do ska me vala karna, Daario Naharis. “You are not a smart man, Daario Naharis.”
- Daario: Yno mazidri emagho dori bazma si lanta kokosi. “I’d rather have no brains and two balls.”
Episode 3: "Breaker of Chains"
When Daenerys arrives at Meereen, the Meereenese send out a champion who then proceeds to insult them. Missandei translates what he is saying, but as an easter egg, what he is actually saying is an Astapori Valyrian translation of the French taunt from "Monty Python and The Quest for the Holy Grail".
- Champion: Oa mysa iles me nýnyghi, si oa kiba tuziles espo tomistos! “Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!”
- Champion: Já si hojgá oa gundja, trezy eme mero dovodedha! “Go and boil your bottom, son of a silly person!”
- Champion: Kiman nya másina orvorta va oi sodjistos! “I wave my private parts at your aunties!”
- Champion: Do eban av kimívagho dombo, o doru-borto pame espo gruzi evi havor espo begistos! “I don’t want to talk to you no more you empty-headed animal food trough wiper!”
- Champion: Ghorgan ji pungo va o, nynta Dare espo Zaldrizes, o si une oi dovodedhi, Vesterozi azzzzzantys. “I blow my nose at you, so-called Dragon Queen, you and all your silly Westerosi kaniggets!”
Daenerys then has a small discussion with her commanders over who should be her champion.
- Grey Worm: Yn teba kiza rigle, Mysa espo Zaldrizes “Allow me this honor, Mother of Dragons”
- Grey Worm: Do vrogozlivan oa greze “I will not disappoint you” (literally: I will not drop your train [of your Tokar])
Episode 4: "Oathkeeper"
Missandei is teaching Grey Worm the Common Tongue. They have a discussion and their conversation is not subtitled. Since it is not subtitled, the english translation is also a best guess.
- Grey Worm: Ola sizi j'edre? “Where are you from?”
- Missandei: Ydra ji Qutenki. Sa ji meri ho va peztagho “Speak Common. It's the only way to learn it”
- Grey Worm: Skori av laetis “When did they take you?”
- Grey Worm: Eban senagho p'aeske “I want to kill the masters”
Grey Worm leads the Unsullied through the sewers to talk to the slaves of Meereen
- Grey Worm: Valar morghulis “All men must die”
- Grey Worm: Yn dynan kizi ez jim “But I promise you”
- Grey Worm: Meri tovi eji derve sa movitah he me glezor espo bilma “a single day of freedom is worth more than a lifetime in chains.”
- Grey Worm: Ji broji ez bezy sa Torgo Nudho “This one is called Grey Worm.”
- Grey Worm: Mazedhan lodiri hí me bive p’Aeske j’Astapor dos. “I was taken as a baby by the Masters of Astapor,”
- Grey Worm: rudmari me bodmari he Dovoghedhy. “raised and trained as Unsullied.”
- Grey Worm: Sir osvelivan Daenerys zy “Now I fight for Daenerys,”
- Grey Worm: ji Mysa espo Zaldrizes “the Mother of Dragons”
- Grey Worm: me ji Pryjare espo Bilma “and Breaker of Chains.”
- Grey Worm: Bodes kari buzdari ez kizo ohte ez tulve aeske zy “There are three slaves in this city for every Master.”
- Grey Worm: Dory jim kotas tebagho jiva derve sumbazi “No one can give you your freedom, brothers.”
- Grey Worm: Lo ji ebat “If you want it,”
- Grey Worm: jimi sydlivas zer mazmagho “you must take it.”
Episode 4: "Book of the Stranger"
Grey Worm and Missandei answer the petitioners' objections:
- Grey Worm: Nyk skan minty, do jovenne. Y lu honesk ji kelnisto eji lysk – me dreji lysk – inki zer jéragho. "I am a soldier, not a politician. But if there is a chance for peace – a just peace – we should take it"
- MIssandei: Do pon pazan. Dori pon pazozlivan. Y he sylvie vala mere ivetredas, “Verdi ji lysk ilvi qrinuntys zy, do ilvi rageros zy.” "I do not trust them. I will never trust them. But as a wise man once said, 'We make peace with our enemies, not our friends.'"
Episode 8: "No One"
An unaired line, presumably from the scene where Tyrion, Grey Worm and Missandei attempt to share jokes:
- Missandei: Lárari. "Intimidating."
Episode 9: "Battle of the Bastards"
Grey Worm offers the Masters' soldiers a choice:
- Grey Worm: Jim vali ezi m’idreno. Ozvilívagho si morghúlegho Aeske zy sko do ozvilívizi si morghúlesi jim zy dori. Ja já lintot, va jivi kezari. "You men have a choice. Fight and die for Masters who would never fight and die for you. Or go home, to your families."
Ezi is an error. Properly it should be imat.
Episode 2: "Stormborn"
Grey Worm announces Melisandre:
- Grey Worm: Yn ilirí, nya dare. Me vohty mili hin Asshai o pindas m’odhir. "Forgive me, my queen. A red priestess from Asshai begs a word."
This line was delivered in English in the final episode.
Missandei knocks on Grey Worm's door:
- Grey Worm: Mají. "Enter." 
Episode 3: "The Queen's Justice"
The Unsullied take Casterly Rock:
- Grey Worm: Dory umbas. "There are none left."
- Grey Worm: Inkas hónesko sidri hin bezi. Kara sidri. "There are supposed to be more than this. Many more.
- Unsullied Lieutenant: Torgo Nudho! "Grey Worm!"
- Grey Worm: Skure las v’umbor espo Lanisteri? "Where are the rest of the Lannisters?"
This line was delivered in English in the final episode, which makes sense because, as shot, it was addressed to a Lannister soldier.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Dedalvs Blog http://dedalvs.tumblr.com/post/95144126538/first-i-wanted-to-say-ive-really-been-enjoying-the
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://dedalvs.tumblr.com/post/144459011173/dothraki-and-valyrian-dialogue-episode-604-of
- ↑ http://dedalvs.tumblr.com/post/145864394290/valyrian-dialogue-episode-608-of-game-of-thrones
- ↑ http://dedalvs.tumblr.com/post/146213255391/valyrian-dialogue-episode-609-of-game-of-thrones
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 https://dedalvs.tumblr.com/post/163414677489/valyrian-dialogue-episode-702-of-game-of-thrones
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 https://dedalvs.tumblr.com/post/163722419372/conlang-dialogue-episode-703-of-game-of-thrones