Season 6 High Valyrian Dialogue
What was actually said in the series diverges at times from what Peterson initially wrote for the dialogue, due to practical limitations of production process. What is presented here is at places closer to Peterson's writing than to the end result. You might take it as an idealised version.
Episode 1 - The Red Woman
Tyrion and Varys, walking through the streets of Meereen, encounter an impoverished mother and child on the street. Tyrion offers her money.
- Tyrion: Aōha rūho syt. Ipradon. "For your baby. To eat."
As Varys points out, this is terrible Valyrian. Presumably the correct version would have been Aōho rūho syt. Ipradagon, or the like. As it stands, the meaning is something more like "For you baby. I wish to eat." Understandably the mother takes this to mean Tyrion wants to eat her baby.
- Varys: Zȳha Valyria qupēgrie issa. Gēlȳri aōt tepagon jaelas, hegnīr aōhys rūs ipradagon kostos. "His Valyrian is terrible. He only wants to give you money, so your baby can eat."
Varys's Valyrian is itself a bit off here. First of all, he says jaelas rather than the expected jaelza, but DJP has stated that this is a "preference," so perhaps not as wrong as we had previously believed. Gēlȳri also should be gēlȳndi—a plausible mistake for a native speaker to make, but a mistake nonetheless.
Eventually they come across Zanrush, a red priest, addressing a crowd of Meereenese.
- Zanrush: Āeksio Ōño jemot Muñe Zaldrīzoti jittas – se sȳndrori jorrāelis lȳr ozdakonot ziry dīntis. "The Lord of Light sent the Mother of Dragons to you – and those who love the darkness chased her away."
- Zanrush: Skorkydoso udlilat? Belmondo bantāzma bōsa jemī qlādīlusy botilat? Ondossa jorhakēlāt, lykāpsirī Zaldrīzoti Muño amāzinon jumbari? "How will you respond? Will you let them drag you back into the long night of bondage? Will you wring your hands while you wait idly for the Mother of Dragons to return?"
- Zanrush: Iā jemēla zȳhys perzi ondurilat? Belma se pōnte sētessis lȳri nāpāstyri ozzālilāt? "Or will you take up her flames yourselves? Will you burn away the chains and the nonbelievers who make them?"
- Zanrush: Jemēlo kāerīnnon ivīlībilāt, lo sīr Dāria Daenerys jemī ivīlībagon kesīr īlos daor? Āeksia ossēnilat se– "Will you fight for your own salvation, now that Queen Daenerys is not here to fight for you? Will you kill the–"
Episode 2 - Home
Melissandre attempts to revive Jon Snow:
- Melisandre: Zȳhys ōñoso jehikagon Āeksiot epi, se gīs hen sȳndrorro jemagon. "We ask the Lord to shine his light, and lead a soul out of darkness."
- Melisandre: Zȳhys perzys stepagon Āeksio Ōño jorepi, se morghūltas lȳs qēlītsos sikagon. "We beg the Lord to share his fire, and light a candle that has gone out."
- Melisandre: Hen sȳndrorro, ōños. Hen ñuqīr, perzys. Hen morghot, glaeson. "From darkness, light. From ashes, fire. From death, life."
She repeats this last line several times.
Episode 4 - Book of the Stranger
Tyrion attempts to greet Meereenese petitioners:
- Tyrion: Nya roqirossa! Usovegon jemo syt jumbagon! "My friends! To apologize for you to wait!"
This can barely be called HV, and does appear to incorporate some elements from AV.
Episode 5 - The Door
Tyrion meets with Kinvara.
- Zanrush: Jehikarȳ Kinvaro iōrat, Eglio Vokto hen Rijībliot Volantihot, Drīvo Perzo, Sylvio Ōño, Dohaeriro Ēlio Āeksio Ōño syt. "You stand in the presence of Kinvara, High Priestess of the Red Temple of Volantis, the Flame of Truth, the Light of Wisdom, the First Servant of the Lord of Light."
- Tyrion: Va Mīrīnot jemī jiōran. "Welcome to Meereen."
For once, Tyrion has the Valyrian exactly right.
Episode 8 - No One
Tyrion and Varys again observe a Red Priestess preaching, this time the message is friendlier:
- Priestess: Hen perzȳ vȳs amazverdagon asittaks. Lo zȳhyz zaldrīzesse Āeksiō Ōñō irudy Daenerot issi, sepār Daenerys Āeksiō irudy riñarta zȳhot issa. Lo Dārie se pāsābari sytiotāpia lōtirī jorrāeloty, sepār dōre vala arlī īlōn belmurilza. "From the fire she was reborn to remake the world. Just as her dragons are a gift from the Lord of Light to Daenerys, so then is Daenerys a gift from the Lord to her children. If we are steadfast in our love for the Queen and her faithful advisors, no man will ever lock us in chains again."
- Priestess: Lo īlva Dāria vīlībāzmo syt iōragon īlot epos, sepār zijo inkot memēbili. Se lyko syt īlot epos, īlvī ohīlvossa rughili. "When our Queen asks us to go to war, we march behind her. And when she asks us for peace, we throw down our knives."
An unaired line, presumably from the scene where Tyrion, Grey Worm and Missandei attempt to share jokes:
- Tyrion: Pirtiapos. "A joke."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 http://dedalvs.tumblr.com/post/143383597638/valyrian-and-dothraki-dialogue-episode-601-of
- ↑ On both of these points, see http://dedalvs.tumblr.com/post/143383597638/valyrian-and-dothraki-dialogue-episode-601-of#comment-2642373761
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 http://dedalvs.tumblr.com/post/143745488442/high-valyrian-dialogue-episode-602-of-game-of
- ↑ DJP, via email correspondence.
- ↑ http://dedalvs.tumblr.com/post/144459011173/dothraki-and-valyrian-dialogue-episode-604-of
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 http://dedalvs.tumblr.com/post/144812959909/valyrian-dialogue-episode-605-of-game-of-thrones
- ↑ http://dedalvs.tumblr.com/post/144812959909/valyrian-dialogue-episode-605-of-game-of-thrones#comment-2692365069
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 http://dedalvs.tumblr.com/post/145864394290/valyrian-dialogue-episode-608-of-game-of-thrones, vowel quantities reconstructed.