Talk:Dothraki Word Groups
Since I find this the most sensible forum for small improvement matters..
- I see the slashes are used to indent subcategories.
| Is this good|
| /The way it is? |
| / The way I already offered? |
| Just indented? |
- The (1), (2) and (3) markings don't make much sense in the tables IMO, maybe we could just remove them?
- The way they are presented now the tables aren't fully independent word repository. You'd need at least to list verb stems to avoid l/-at/ vs. /-lat/ confusion .. and mention epenthetic irregularities. This might be tackled the way it's done on the vocab, with supporting declinations, or you might achieve the effect more tecnically, perhaps by adding A and B declination types to v. and ni. markings like Peterson does. I'd rather keep these tables simple and just lose the independence. I think they would be more useful that way. But that could be best managed, if all dothraki words could be links to the respective vocab entries and I'm not sure that's reasonably manageable.
- It seems odd to me to offer verb class case assignments as separate entrys. I know they are pretty separate at the vocab (though I think they work quite fine there) and even more so in the dictionary, but the verb classes are just about how objects can be tied to the verb. As far as I understand, many can be used as complementary arguments, sometimes even one after another. Lose the independence, this won't be much of a problem: most, perhaps all, cases can be just removed. If independence is to be expanded, a working solution might be something like
(to) ride -- dothralat v. (→gen: next to)
- Why does hadaen have aen italisized? As far as I understand it's syllabified and stressed ha-da-EN, and I don't see any stresses anywhere else anyway.
...More later --Qvaak..fin thira athdrivaride 07:12, 30 November 2011 (PST)
Alright. Ochristi did some serious magic stuff and now we can do this:
You might still want to add animacy and verb classes and stuff, to make the page more independent (usable as a print etc.), but now the compact approach is very much possible. --Qvaak..fin thira athdrivaride 22:50, 1 December 2011 (PST)
- Added two categories: "Time" and "The Heavens and Nature". More to come.
- Really like Ochristi's magic! Do you think all words in the groups should be hyperlinked or maybe just the ones that have multiple meanings? If just the words with more than one definition, the numbers could be taken out. I agree that the animacy and verb classes should be kept in, since it is also a good way to learn vocabulary and their animacy, etc., at the same time, if one wants to use the groupings that way. --Daenerys 21:38, 2 December 2011 (PST)Daenerys
- Added "Weather"
- Added "Natural Diasters" under "The Heavens and Nature"
- More to come ---Daenerys 18:41, 9 December 2011 (PST)
- Added "War (Athvilajerar), Fighting and Violence"
- Added "Spiritual and Magical"
- More to come ---Daenerys Vosma ma Qoy 13:06, 12 December 2011 (PST)
- Added "The Mind", which includes emotions and concepts.
- More to come - --Daenerys 11:10, 20 December 2011 (PST)Vosma ma Qoy