Rytsas, Johnis. Hen skoriot aōha brōzi "wiko" issa? Skoros nūmāzmā kono udrio "Dohaotys"? "Haota iksos daor luys issaros," yn skorion "haota" issa? --Iustinus 15:06, 19 January 2014 (CST)
- Rytsas, Iustinus! "Dohaotys" hen "Dohaeragon". ( "Dohaeragon" - "ragon" + "tys" = "Dohaetys" ) I actually typed it in wrong when I was registering, but I went along with it. ^_^ lol. I didn't put much thought into it. I thought it might resemble "servitor", with a more positive connotation then "Buzdari". Just a cheesy thing I came up with for my username. I didn't see "ragon" as an affix, but it looks like other verb-creating ones. Aoha brozi? :)
- I actually stick with my Latin name in HV: Iūstīnos or Iūstīnys. In English, Justin.
- -agon is of course the infinitive ending... the r is part of the stem of the verb... if dohaer- can be further subdivided, then we haven't yet discovered it. There is, I note, the verb manaeragon "to raise," which could indicate that -aeragon is some sort of verb-forming suffix, but I think we'd need more evidence to determine conclusively. BTW, in typing up this response, I noticed that I had somehow left manaeragon off of the High Valyrian Vocabulary page, so I'll go add that in now. See? You're already helping! ;)
- As for your name, I'm afraid there's no way to get from Dohaeragon to Dohaotys... the closest possible would be Dohaertys, which could conceivably mean "one who serves," but I think(?) it's more likely to mean "one who has been served." There is, of course dohaeriros "slave," which really means "one who is always serving."
- Still, whether it means anything or not, it is a very plausible sounding HV name! Perhaps DJP will reveal another verb this could be from (or if you're really lucky, he'll invent one!)
- --Iustinus 16:46, 19 January 2014 (CST)
ah, I see. :) Thank you for the insight Justin. I was wondering if it would actually mean anything. And I thought yours might be from a diff language. ( I didn't expect Latin tho, that's pretty awesome.) I'm exited to learn more and help whenever I can! :)