High Valyrian Non-Canonical Vocabulary
This page keeps record of all words suggested by learners of High Valyrian so as to fill semantic gaps of High Valyrian and enable better communication in H.V. However the contents of this page are not official in any way and could very well be proven wrong by DJP when he announces new lexemes, thus replacing the ones here with other official ones.
High Valyrian Non-Canonical Vocabulary List
- buqarys [buˈqarys]
- greviot [ˈgrevi͡ot]
- postp. →gen. around
- kōttegon [ˈkoːttegon]
- kynilla [kyˈnilla]
- laehoqitta [laɛ̯hoˈqitta]
- mīznon [ˈmiːznon]
- ōzigon [ˈoːzigon]
- senēbagon [senˈeːbagon]
- sōpnon [ˈsoːpnon]
- vēdroso [ˈveːdroso]
- adj. invar. angry (com. of vēdros.)
- Jaehirūdys [jaɛ̯hi'ru:dys]
- Jaerhijarys [jaɛ̯r̥i'jarys]
This section contains words reconstructed from words in, mainly, Astapori Valyrian with the changes having happened from High Valyrian already known in general (see here).
1st degree of certainty
These words' form and meaning is almost certain.
- jēlēbarion [ɟeːˈleːbari͡on]
- n. Template:3ter-i. breath (subst. II of act. pres. part. of jelēbagon "to breathe"; cf. AV jelevre.)
- kimagon [kiˈmagon]
- v. C-fin. to shake, to wave, to move around (cf. HV dokimare "serious, focused", dokimarves, AV kimagho.)
- kimībagon [kimˈiːbagon]
- nārytsa [ˈnaːrytsa]
- nȳnta [ˈnyːnta]
- ōghrar [ˈoːɣrar]
- piktenka [pikˈtenka]
2nd degree of certainty
These words' reconstruction is not foolproof since there are many possibilities of sound changes that have occured.
- nȳnyges -e,-i,-is [ˈnyːnyges]
- n. hamster?, rodent? (cf. AV nynyghi.)