Season 3 High Valyrian Dialogue
|Line 92:||Line 92:|
=== Episode 7 ===
=== Episode 7 ===
Revision as of 05:47, 5 February 2014
What was actually said in the series diverges at times from what Peterson initially wrote for the dialogue, due to practical limitations of production process. What is presented here is at places closer to Peterson's writing than to the end result. You might take it as an idealised version.
The first line here is actually never spoken, but the High Valyrian translation of the Astapori Valyrian sentence from the Valyrian interpreter to the slave master.
- Morghot nēdyssy sesīr zūgusy azantys vestras. “The knight says that even the brave men fear death.”
In this episode Daenerys reveals she can speak High Valyrian ordering the Unsullied to march and her memorable quote:
- Daenerys: Dovaogēdys! Naejot memēbātās! Kelītīs! “Unsullied! Forward march! Halt!”
Then answering back at the slave master. Maybe the most memorable High Valyrian quote:
- Daenerys: Zaldrīzes buzdari iksos daor. “A dragon is not a slave.”
A little later after the slave master asks if she speaks Valyrian, another great quote:
- Daenerys: Nyke Daenerys Jelmāzmo hen Targārio Lentrot, hen Valyrio Uēpo ānogār iksan. Valyrio muño ēngos ñuhys issa. “I am Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, of the blood of Old Valyria. Valyrian is my mother tongue.”
Then comes quite a long bit of High Valyrian for Dany.
- Daenerys: Dovaogēdys! Āeksia ossēnātās, menti ossēnātās, qilōni pilos lue vale tolvie ossēnātās, yn riñe dōre ōdrikātās. Urnet luo buzdaro tolvio belma pryjātās! “Unsullied! Slay the masters, slay the soldiers, slay every man who holds a whip, but harm no child. Strike the chains off every slave you see!”
Then Daenerys says most of the following:
- Daenerys: Jevo glaesoti rȳ buzdari istiat. Kesy tubi jemot dāervi tepan. “You have been slaves all your life. Today I give you freedom.”
- Daenerys: Henujagon jaelza lua vala mirre henujagon kostas, se daorys ziry ōdrikilza. Jemot kivio ñuhe tepan. “Any man who wishes to leave may leave, and no one will harm him. I give you my word.”
- Daenerys: Yne sytivīlībilāt? Hae dāero valoti? “Will you fight for me? As free men?”
First, Dany addresses the group:
- Daenerys: Keso glaesot iderēptot daor. “You did not choose this life.”
- Daenerys: Yn dāeri vali sīr issi. Se dāeri vali pōntalo syt gaomoti iderēbzi. “But you are free men now. And free men make their own choices.”
Then comes a line whose subtitle changed, but wasn't retranslated.
- Daenerys: Jenti jevi jemēle iderēbilātās, qogrondo jevo hēdrȳ. “You will select your own leader, from amongst your own ranks.”
Next is a sentence that was cut and replaced by a different one but used with the same subtitles. This is how the actual sentence should have been:
- Daenerys: Geltī aōhe nādīnās. “Remove your helmet.”
After Grey Worm removes his helmet, Daenerys asks:
- Daenerys: Skoroso jemēle brōzā? “What is your name?”
When learning about the nature of the names given to the Unsullied, Daenerys tells the Unsullied:
- Daenerys: Hēzīr, brōza jevi jemēle iderēbilātās. Mentyri idañe jevi ivestrilātās keskydoso gaomagon. “From this day forward, you will choose your own names. You will tell all your fellow soldiers to do the same.”
- Daenerys: Gadbag aōhe qrīdrughās. Muñar aōt teptas lue brōzi, iā mirre tolie iderēbās. Avy hoskas lue brōzi. “Throw away your slave name. Choose the name your parents gave you, or any other. A name that gives you pride.”
After Melisandre and Thoros greet each other with the traditional High Valyrian greeting.
- Thoros: Olvī voktī Rulloro Qelbriā ūndessun daor. “I don’t see many priestesses of R’hllor in the Riverlands.”
- Melisandre: Thoros hen Myrot iksā. “You are Thoros of Myr.”
- Melisandre: Voktys Eglie aōt gaomilaksir teptas: Roberti Dāri zȳhi nekēpti se Āeksiot Ōño jemagon. Skorion massitas? “The High Priest gave you a mission. Turn King Robert away from his idols and toward the Lord of Light. What happened?”
- Thoros: Qringōntan. “I failed.”
- Melisandre: Aōle rūda, nūmāzma issa. Quptyssy pōntālī johegzi se jomōzū. “You quit, you mean. The heathens continue to slaughter each other and you continue to get drunk.”
- Thoros: Aōhoso ziry rijībiā, se ñuhoso ziry rijībin. Quptenkos Ēngoso ȳdrassis? “You worship Him your way, and I’ll worship Him mine. Do you speak the Common Tongue?”
Next Melisandre inspects Beric.
- Melisandre: Konir sagon kostos daor. “That’s not possible.”
- Thoros: Āeksio yne ilīritan. “The Lord has smiled upon me.” (Here Thoros makes a mistake, the line should be Āeksio yne ilīritas.)
- Melisandre: Kesys ondor avy sytilībus daor. “You should not have these powers.”
- Thoros: Ondor emon daor. Āeksiot zȳhon vaoreznon jepin, se ziksoso udlissis. “I have no powers. I ask the Lord for his favor, and he responds as he will.”
A line from Thoros that was cut:
- Thoros: Kesir gīmī. “You know this.”
Daenerys gives some orders to Grey Worm.
- Daenerys: Va oktio remȳti vale jikās. “Send a man to the city gates.”
- Daenerys: Belmurtī ivestrās kesīr pōnte jiōrinna se pōjon obūljarion mazōrīnna. Lodaor hēnkos vējose hae Astaprot Yunkai botilza. “Tell the slavers I will receive them here and accept their surrender. Otherwise, Yunkai will suffer the same fate as Astapor.”
After Grey Worm asks Daenerys if he should cut Mero's tongue, she responds:
- Daenerys: Bisi vali īlvyz zentyssy issi. “These men are our guests.”