Season 3 High Valyrian Dialogue
What was actually said in the series diverges at times from what Peterson initially wrote for the dialogue, due to practical limitations of production process. What is presented here is at places closer to Peterson's writing than to the end result. You might take it as an idealised version.
The first line here is actually never spoken, but the High Valyrian translation of the Astapori Valyrian sentence from the Valyrian interpreter to the slave master.
- Morghot nēdyssy sesīr zūgusy azantys vestras. “The knight says that even the brave men fear death.”
In this episode Daenerys reveals she can speak High Valyrian ordering the Unsullied to march and her memorable quote:
- Daenerys: Dovaogēdys! Naejot memēbātās! Kelītīs! “Unsullied! Forward march! Halt!”
Then answering back at the slave master. Maybe the most memorable High Valyrian quote:
- Daenerys: Zaldrīzes buzdari iksos daor. “A dragon is not a slave.”
A little later after the slave master asks if she speaks Valyrian, another great quote:
- Daenerys: Nyke Daenerys Jelmāzmo hen Targārio Lentrot, hen Valyrio Uēpo ānogār iksan. Valyrio muño ēngos ñuhys issa. “I am Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, of the blood of Old Valyria. Valyrian is my mother tongue.”
Then comes quite a long bit of High Valyrian for Dany.
- Daenerys: Dovaogēdys! Āeksia ossēnātās, menti ossēnātās, qilōni pilos lue vale tolvie ossēnātās, yn riñe dōre ōdrikātās. Urnet luo buzdaro tolvio belma pryjātās! “Unsullied! Slay the masters, slay the soldiers, slay every man who holds a whip, but harm no child. Strike the chains off every slave you see!”
Then Daenerys says most of the following:
- Daenerys: Jevo glaesoti rȳ buzdari istiat. Kesy tubi jemot dāervi tepan. “You have been slaves all your life. Today I give you freedom.”
- Daenerys: Henujagon jaelza lua vala mirre henujagon kostas, se daorys ziry ōdrikilza. Jemot kivio ñuhe tepan. “Any man who wishes to leave may leave, and no one will harm him. I give you my word.”
- Daenerys: Yne sytivīlībilāt? Hae dāero valoti? “Will you fight for me? As free men?”
First, Dany addresses the group:
- Daenerys: Keso glaesot iderēptot daor. “You did not choose this life.”
- Daenerys: Yn dāeri vali sīr issi. Se dāeri vali pōntalo syt gaomoti iderēbzi. “But you are free men now. And free men make their own choices.”
Then comes a line whose subtitle changed, but wasn't retranslated.
- Daenerys: Jenti jevi jemēle iderēbilātās, qogrondo jevo hēdrȳ. “You will select your own leader, from amongst your own ranks.”