Season 4 Astapori Valyrian Dialogue
What was actually said in the series diverges at times from what Peterson initially wrote for the dialogue, due to practical limitations of production process. What is presented here is at places closer to Peterson's writing than to the end result. You might take it as an idealised version. If the line is in grey, it means we don't have an official transcription and what is written here is the best guess.
Episode 1: "Two Swords"
- Daario: Av hilas beza tala? “You like this girl?”
- Daario: Sydlivas av ledagho “Must be frustrating.”
- Grey Worm: Do ska me vala karna, Daario Naharis. “You are not a smart man, Daario Naharis.”
- Daario: Yno mazidri emagho dori bazma si lanta kokosi. “I’d rather have no brains and two balls.”
Episode 3: "Breaker of Chains"
When Daenerys arrives at Meereen, the Meereenese send out a champion who then proceeds to insult them. Missandei translates what he is saying, but as an easter egg, what he is actually saying is an Astapori Valyrian translation of the French taunt from "Monty Python and The Quest for the Holy Grail".
- Champion: Oa mysa iles me nýnyghi, si oa kiba tuziles espo tomistos! “Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries!”
- Champion: Já si hojgá oa gundja, trezy eme mero dovodedha! “Go and boil your bottom, son of a silly person!”
- Champion: Kiman nya másina orvorta va oi sodjistos! “I wave my private parts at your aunties!”
- Champion: Do eban av kimívagho dombo, o doru-borto pame espo gruzi evi havor espo begistos! “I don’t want to talk to you no more you empty-headed animal food trough wiper!”
- Champion: Ghorgan ji pungo va o, nynta Dare espo Zaldrizes, o si une oi dovodedhi, Vesterozi azzzzzantys. “I blow my nose at you, so-called Dragon Queen, you and all your silly Westerosi kaniggets!”
Daenerys then has a small discussion with her commanders over who should be her champion.
- Grey Worm: Yn teba kiza rigle, Mysa espo Zaldrizes “Allow me this honor, Mother of Dragons”
- Grey Worm: Do vrogozlivan oa greze “I will not disappoint you” (literally: I will not drop your train [of your Tokar])
Episode 4: "Oathkeeper"
Missandei is teaching Grey Worm the Common Tongue. They have a discussion and their conversation is not subtitled. Since it is not subtitled, the english translation is also a best guess.
- Grey Worm: Ola sizi j'edre? “Where are you from?”
- Missandei: Ydra ji Qutenki. Sa ji meri ho va peztagho “Speak Common. It's the only way to learn it”
- Grey Worm: Skori av laetis “When did they take you?”
- Grey Worm: Eban senagho p'aeske “I want to kill the masters”
Grey Worm leads the Unsullied through the sewers to talk to the slaves of Meereen
- Grey Worm: Valar morghulis “All men must die”
- Grey Worm: Yn dynan kizi ez jim “But I promise you”
- Grey Worm: Meri tovi eji derve sa movitah he me glezor espo bilma “a single day of freedom is worth more than a lifetime in chains.”
- Grey Worm: Ji broji ez bezy sa Torgo Nudho “This one is called Grey Worm.”
- Grey Worm: Mazedhan lodiri hí me bive p’Aeske j’Astapor dos. “I was taken as a baby by the Masters of Astapor,”
- Grey Worm: rudmari me bodmari he Dovoghedhy. “raised and trained as Unsullied.”
- Grey Worm: Sir osvelivan Daenerys zy “Now I fight for Daenerys,”
- Grey Worm: ji Mysa espo Zaldrizes “the Mother of Dragons”
- Grey Worm: me ji Pryjare espo Bilma “and Breaker of Chains.”
- Grey Worm: Bodes kari buzdari ez kizo ohte ez tulve aeske zy “There are three slaves in this city for every Master.”
- Grey Worm: Dory jim kotas tebagho jiva derve sumbazi “No one can give you your freedom, brothers.”
- Grey Worm: Lo ji ebat “If you want it,”
- Grey Worm: jimi sydlivas zer mazmagho “you must take it.”